Recipe: Just mix all the ingredients together and have fun.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 tablespoons liquid dishwashing detergent (original blue Dawn liquid dishwashing detergent works best)
- 1 tablespoon glycerin (pure glycerin, not glycerin soap)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (sucrose)
- Bubble wand or straw to blow bubbles
After collecting all of the ingredients, have your child measure out the amounts and mix them into one container. You will only be able to catch and bounce bubbles on certain surfaces. This can actually be part of the learning for your little ones.
Surfaces that will allow the bubbles to bounce/land without popping: A smooth moist surface is best.
- Gloves on hands
- Sock on hand
- Cool damp glass
- Damp Cloth
- Bubbles wand with solution
Recipes are always a good math activity for little ones. The rest is all about observation and seeing what surfaces the bubbles will or won’t bounce. This is a fun activity where children will run around and have to control their excitement and be gentle when trying to catch or bounce bubbles.