This makes for a great process art activity for preschooler
3 and up
What you need:
- Shaving cream
- Liquid watercolor or food coloring
- Shallow tray
- Stick or the back of a paintbrush
- Spray shaving cream in a shallow tray.
- Then have your child drop the colors they want right on top.
- Then have them swirl the colors around using the stick or bottom of a paintbrush.
- When you are ready carefully place a piece of paper on top and gently press the paper down.
- Then remove the paper and scrape off the access shaving cream and there you go. Marble paper!
Children will be working on fine motor skills, large motor skills, sensory skills, learning to follow directions, and exploring color. This is a great way to just explore new textures and how the color moves within these textures.
These make great:
-Envelopes (the marble being inside and white on the outside) Link to how to